Great Result!!!!!!!!!

Get the latest news from the Mazda Race Team Here.
MPS-T33

Great Result!!!!!!!!!

Postby MPS-T33 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:13 pm

:thumbup:

Mazda Motorsport stuns with a brilliant win

Bridgestone Production Cars – Round 8 – East London - 30 October

Mazda Motorsport silenced its critics in the nicest possible way as Heinz Böse scored a brilliant win at round eight of the Bridgestone Production Car championship at East London.

Böse, driving the MFC backed Mazda3 MPS had been setting competitive times in class T throughout practice and then qualified second fastest. “I think we’ve got the pace to win, but there are so many variables in motorsport. The car is good and our hard development work has paid off, now its up to me to deliver the goods,” commented Böse who thrives on high-speed circuits like East London’s former Grand Prix venue.

George Smalberger, in the First Distribution Mazda3 MPS was having his first outing at the track and qualified 11th fastest. “I’m enjoying the track, but still learning it so it makes sense to focus on Heinz’s car this weekend.”

As is the norm, the event kicked off with two six lap races run back-to-back with no work allowed on the cars between races. After leading the opening race for a number of laps Böse settled for second behind Gennaro Bonafede in order to keep tyres in shape for the next race which started with a reverse order of the first race.

It was a tactic that paid off well as he went on to take a popular win after a faultless performance that saw him take the lead on lap three. Over the last couple of laps he held off a tough challenge from Ford driver Gary Formato to win by half a second.

Smallberger was delighted to have taken ninth place in the each race without any drama.

The longer feature race saw Böse caught up in a first lap incident “Basically there wasn’t enough room for all of us on the track and I had a 200 km/h trip across the grass.” That saw him down to fifth place but it triggered a tremendous fightback and he clawed his way back to third by the time the flag fell. “I honestly believe I could have won that as well if it wasn’t for the lap one moment.”

Smallberger was once again ninth but very happy with the way the event went. “I think we proved something today. The cars were fast and reliable which shows our hard work during the year has paid off.”

Mazda Motorsport would like to thank their preferred business partners and parts suppliers for their continued support during the 2010 season: Mazda Corporation, Motor Finance Corporation, Autowiel Centurion, Etana Insurance, First Distribution, Leatt Brace, Powerbrake, Sax Shocks and Supertech Auto.

Issued by SA Racer on behalf of Mazda Motorsport
Zeyad6MPS
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER
Car: Chevrolet
Model: Lumina SS

Re: Great Result!!!!!!!!!

Postby Zeyad6MPS » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:11 am

Woop Woop, great race "clap"

Current
2007 Chevrolet Lumina SS UTE 6.0 Manual
2007 Renault Clio 3 1500 DCi
2014 IX35 2.0 Premium

-----------------------------

Ex 2011 Slowyota Corolla 1.6 Advanced Auto...another accident damaged vehicle
Ex 2007 Daihatsu Terios 4x4
Ex 2009 Daihatsu Materia Turbo - Go Cart on Steroids
Ex 2006 Mazda 6 MPS Best Car ever
Ex Toyota RXi
Ex Nissan Skyline 2.8 GTX
Ex 84 Golf GT 1800 4spd
MaX
Ultimate Forum Contributer

Postby MaX » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:44 am

Excellent results guys! Its about time your hard work started paying off!!

Congrats!

Cant wait to see this on TV :thumbup:
kyle_redbull
Car: Renault
Model: Megane RB8

Postby kyle_redbull » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:50 am

Congrats to the entire team guys sounds like a great race to watch and can't wait to see it on tv and does anyone know when and what time it'll be on tv?
Current: Megane RS265 RB8
Ex: Ford Kuga 2.0TDCI AWD Titanium
Ex: Peugeot 3008 2.0 HDI
Ex: Mazda 3 MPS MK2
Ex: Peugeot 207 GTI
Andrewfus

Postby Andrewfus » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:01 am

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: woot woot woot woot :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:
nockg

Postby nockg » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:11 am

woot woot Well done guys!!!! :thumbup:
323GTX

Postby 323GTX » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:25 am

Well done guys.
Fransmps3

Postby Fransmps3 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:11 pm

"clap" "clap" "clap" "clap" At Last! Great Race Gents! woot woot woot woot
323GTX

Postby 323GTX » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:50 pm

I was reading the write up on DSTV about the racing and they only mention the Golf wining and the problems he had in race two, nothing about the Mazda's win.
chris323
Official Member
Official Member
Car: Mazda
Model: 3 MPS Genwin

Postby chris323 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:18 pm

I was waiting for the Mazdas to have some success! Knew they would sometime. Well done to the whole team :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Can't wait to see it on TV.

Zoom-Zoom Forever!! woot
Current: 2012 Mazda 3 MPS | 316WHP(235WKW) - 480NM @ FR&R
Ex:
2015 Mazda 2 Skyactiv D Hazumi Soul Red
2008 Mazda 3 MPS True Red 13.5sec 400m @ ODI - 300whp 470NM - COBB tuned by WiekTunez - 3.5" HTP Intake, HPFP, Upgraded Cooler, Corksport catted downpipe, Stage 1 WMI, res and cat delete.
2007 Ford Fiesta TDCi 3 door
1988 Mazda 323L : Click here for ride thread Click here for some 323 fun!
Zeyad6MPS
VIP MEMBER
VIP MEMBER
Car: Chevrolet
Model: Lumina SS

Postby Zeyad6MPS » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:26 am

323GTX wrote:I was reading the write up on DSTV about the racing and they only mention the Golf wining and the problems he had in race two, nothing about the Mazda's win.

I notice the same thing when I watch DSTV, the Mazda is always hiding in the shadows, showing a bumper or the front then it`s gone,.....Biased against the Mazda lol :shake:

Try to ignore them and they beat you ha haaa

Current
2007 Chevrolet Lumina SS UTE 6.0 Manual
2007 Renault Clio 3 1500 DCi
2014 IX35 2.0 Premium

-----------------------------

Ex 2011 Slowyota Corolla 1.6 Advanced Auto...another accident damaged vehicle
Ex 2007 Daihatsu Terios 4x4
Ex 2009 Daihatsu Materia Turbo - Go Cart on Steroids
Ex 2006 Mazda 6 MPS Best Car ever
Ex Toyota RXi
Ex Nissan Skyline 2.8 GTX